David vs. Goliath
Startup Experience by Sectors
We have worked with startups across many sectors, including
FinTech, financial services & compliance
- Announced funding and exits for startups including FinTechs like MoneyLion that secured placements in New York Times' DealBook, WSJ PE/VC Pro, peHub, FinExtra, PitchBook, VC Journal, Axios Pro Rata, Private Equity Wire, Strictly VC, Finsmes, and others.
- Supported Mantas and Reveleus (both now part of Oracle) thought leadership campaigns around Governance, Risk and Compliance solutions.
- Spinning out ControlPath, a developer of automated compliance
management software whose products help organizations transform
their compliance programs across multiple regulations and standards,
from its parent services company.
- Securing terrific product reviews for corporate financial software
developer Whitebirch Software, a financial modeling and scenario
analysis software company, that established its credibility.
- Launching Avior, a developer of compliance software.
- We introduced Spacebit, a space exploration company, to the U.S., securing positive placements in Politico and other media.
- We helped Bambu Global launch cleantech portfolio companies at key trade shows and generate meaningful trade coverage.
- We introduced Luxoft, a Russian-based outsource provider, to the US
market, helped secure industry awards and developed customer lead generation
- We helped generate awareness for Color
Kinetics: a leading innovator of LED lighting systems and technologies,
and helped it through the process when it was acquired by Royal Philips
Electronics and integrated into now part of Royal Philips Electronics'
Solid-State Lighting Solutions. (Check out our article about managing
M&A communications, IABC CW Bulletin: "Three
Stages of Merger Communication."
- We also have launched other startups, including Zana Business Network,
a business networking site.
- We've been supporting Akston Biosciences as it takes its Covid-19 vaccine candidate through clinical trials, a pivot from its initial focus on developing long-acting insulin for cats and dogs.
- We helped Rune Labs announce a funding round.
- We supported Averica Discovery Services (now part of Neopham Labs) and
Blue Stream Labs (now part of Charles River Labs) before they got acquired and helped them manage and execute their acquisition communications strategy.
- We launched new companies like Veraxa Health, a telemedicine device
provider from non-profit Joslin Diabetes Center, and raised awareness
for Diomed, a developer of minimally-invasive medical laser technologies.
AI & Robotics
- We helped Digital Reasoning, an AI startup, get interviews with the Wall St. Journal, The Economist, Fast Company, and other top-tier media.
- We helped launch Micropsi Industries into the U.S.
- We helped Bradford Networks, a small Network Access Control (NAC)
company enter new markets like corporate enterprises (from a heritage
in the education arena), and successfully put them on the map. Competing
against 40 other companies in the space, including billion-dollar giants,
we helped secure coverage in a Forrester NAC Wave Report that placed
Breadford as a leader along with Microsoft, CA and Juniper.
- We announced a new financing round, a new CEO and a relocation for
Q1 Labs: the developer a view-based network behavioral analysis solutions.
- We announced a major pilot program that scored huge national coverage
for VistaScape Security Systems: a developer of perimeter security solutions
for government, military and civil aeronautics.
- We raised awareness for Software Secure: creator of Securexam® and
Secureexam Remote Proctor, and a pioneer in educational testing software
- We've relaunched HomePortfolio.com, repositioning the company that
put the site on the right path.
- We launched Couplets.com: an online social network designed exclusively
for couples that enables member couples to easily identify and connect
with other couples based on shared interests. Results include: The
Guardian, a "The Today Show" segment that was also posted on MSNBC,
radio interviews, and print articles across the country and in England
– results that doubled the membership in a matter of months.
- We helped Sand Video (now part of Broadcom) get the recognition as
an expert in next generation semiconductor video compression technology.
Our work for Sand Video was credited by its senior management team with
raising the company's visibility enough to capture Broadcom's attention.
Our experience also includes helping On Semiconductor public.
Whether our clients have no in-house PR function and little PR experience
or have an internal marketing function, our experience enables us to help
get our clients to launch faster and more effectively. We understand what
startups need and how they're different from more established companies.
Check out our blog, PR Back Talk,
for more insights into public relations and social media for startups.