Social Media Marketing
Multimedia Asset Production
Media Thought Leadership
a Spa's Image
Social Media Marketing
We help clients find the right way to connect with key audiences, whether
using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram or Foursquare, launching or
refreshing a blog, Twitter feed, or blogger relations strategy. We've been ranked half a dozen times as one of the best social media PR agencies by TopPRAgencies and a top Twitter influencer in Boston.
We see social media as an important way to reach and engage clients'
audiences, and that social media should be integrated with, and an extension
of, an organization's marketing programs, its branding, positioning and
messaging. Social media is an important component of the thought leadership
programs we conduct for our clients.
What's important to recognize is that social media is no longer appropriate
only for consumer companies. Today, even B2B companies must find ways
in which they can be part of the conversation because their customers
are online and discussing topics that interest them, including B2B topics.
For our clients we have:
- Conducted social media workshops for a Fortune 500 regional telecommunications
company, the US subsidiary of a multinational conglomerate, a 100-year-old
Boston nonprofit connected to a major teaching hospital, a Massachusetts
franchise owners' group and others.
- Conducted social media audits that help clients get a better sense
of what their key audiences and competitors are doing online.
- Developed social media strategies for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn,
Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare and more to take advantage of the different
platforms and to extend the reach of traditional marketing programs.
These initiatives have increased the number of Facebook fans, Twitter
followers, YouTube downloads, Foursquare check-ins, etc.
- Produced podcasts and video podcasts that provide insight into complicated
- Produced multimedia customer case studies that incorporate video,
audio, still photography, text
and social media for B2B
- Developed blog strategies for clients, including writing blog posts
that improve clients' SEO-rankings, generate new leads, and drive traffic
to their websites.
- Conducted blogger outreach programs that have generated pickup of
clients' news and insights.
- Served as a go-to expert for reporters writing about social media
When American Public Radio's "Marketplace" looked at
the impact social media is having on the practice of public relations,
they asked Norman Birnbach for insight for its story, "Social
media change the way PR firms do business."
Please contact us to learn how our social
media workshops can help your organization.
Multimedia Asset Production
Reaching today's customers and potential customers requires delivering
information across multiple platforms and media video, podcast,
and text but too many case studies come in one flavor: text.
Our Multimedia Asset Production service upgrades traditional print case
studies to bring them into the social media age, incorporating video,
and social media.
To better tell customer case studies, we interview your customers on
camera, record audio and take photos of customers and their locations,
bringing to life their stories that can be accessed on any device and
The result: We develop compelling customer case studies using text, video,
audio and still photography, all collected at one time, to minimize the
impact on customers' schedules.
When all the multimedia assets are collected, we post the video onto
clients' websites, YouTube and Vimeo, Twitter and blogs. And we pitch
those case studies to appropriate media who can access our multimedia
Here are some samples:
Social Media Thought Leadership
We use social media to communicate thought leadership on behalf
of our clients. Here are some of our thought leadership initiatives about
- Ragan.com: "How can cruise companies escape a sinking PR ship?; With Thursday's news that a second Carnival cruise in as many months has been disabled by mechanical problems, the entire industry has some work to do" (March 14, 2013)
- Ragan.com: "Maker's Mark restores liquor content after public outcry; A week after announcing it would dilute its bourbon in response to increasing demand, the brand turned on its heels and went back to the old formula. Did it establish a model for brand mind-changes?" (Feb. 22, 2013)
- Ragan.com: "BP to pay $4.5B; 3 supervisors charged with manslaughter? The oil giant will absorb huge penalties for the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. How will the verdict and payments affect its tainted reputation?" (Nov. 15, 2012)
- Ragan.com: "Lance Armstrong's foundation exit: Does it Help?: The beleaguered cyclist announced Wednesday morning that he would step down as chairman of Livestrong, just as Nike dropped him as a spokesman. Can the foundation carry on?" (Oct. 18, 2012)
- Ragan.com: "Will LiveStrong survive its founder, Lance Armstrong's, crisis?
The Lance Armstrong Foundation's eponymous founder has been banned from the sport of cycling as part of a doping investigation. That puts a cloud over the foundation it will have to work to remove" (Aug. 27, 2012)
- Ragan.com: "Progressive’s tardy, tepid response slammed on social media; A Tumblr post claims the insurance company’s attorneys defended the driver who killed his sister, a policyholder, in a car accident. The company corrected and clarified, but took a beating on social media for its robot-like response" (Aug. 14, 2012)
- Ragan.com: "Delta agent or impostor? Reddit exchange puts airline in hot seat; Someone claiming to be a Delta Airlines employee doled out the snark in a Reddit thread this week in response to customer complaints. Should Delta step in? If so, how?" (July 13, 2012)
- Ragan.com: "JP
Morgan Chase CEO goes on apology tour" (May 14, 2012)
- Ragan.com: "Is
Procter & Gamble in a no-win PR situation?" (May 1, 2012)
- Ragan.com: "Claire's
botches social media response to plagiarism charges" (Feb.
- Ragan.com: "When
staffers mock your company online, what do you do?" (Feb. 16,
- Ragan.com: "Most-hated'
companies clam up—smart or stupid PR?" (Jan. 27, 2012)
- Ragan.com: "Did
PayPal's apology solve its Grinch problem? After a dust-up with Regretsy
over whether a gift exchange for needy children met its policy guidelines,
the online payments service is trying to avoid looking hard-hearted"
(Dec. 7, 2011)
- Ragan.com: "In
hot water with angry parents, is Johnson & Johnson's response too tepid?
A safe-cosmetics campaign says the company has lagged in removing alleged
carcinogens from its baby shampoo. Is Johnson & Johnson, which deftly
handled the Tylenol crisis, botching it?" (Nov. 4, 2011)
- Ragan.com: "Will
the Netflix mea culpa work? The DVD-and-streaming company's CEO offered
an apology along with the announcement that DVD rentals were breaking
off into their own brand, Qwikster" (Sept. 20, 2011)
- Ragan.com: "How
Comcast could have better handled damaging tweet PR and crisis communications
experts weigh in on how Comcast could have dealt with a tweet from a
nonprofit that it funds without rescinding its funding" (May
- Ragan.com: "Culture
clash to blame in Sony’s PR nightmare Sony’s slow response to its PlayStation
Network breach could be attributed to the Japanese maker’s culture"
(May 16, 2011)
- Marketplace: "Social
media change the way PR firms do business" (March 31, 2011)
- Ragan.com: "Did
Chrysler overreact to accidental f-bomb tweet? Should the automaker
have fired the social media manager who sent an offensive tweet? And
could it have been spun into a positive?" (March 11, 2011)
- PR Back Talk: "Three
Things That #KennethColeTweets Teaches Us" (Feb. 4, 2011)
- Ragan.com: "Should
Taco Bell beef up its PR response to Filler-gate? A lawsuit filed over
the content of the chain’s seasoned taco filling has people talking
on social media; observers say Taco Bell should be talking right back"
(Jan. 27, 2011)
- Ragan.com: "Website
down? Whether it’s crashed or been hacked, SAY something" (Dec.
- Ragan.com: "Carnival's
crisis response: What did and didn’t work" (Nov. 12, 2010)
- Ragan.com: "Qantas’s
big #fail in quelling tweeted rumors of a crash" (Nov. 5, 2010)
- Ragan.com: "In
3 high-profile ‘fiascos,’ did PR or the news media fan the flames? Crisis
communications experts offer contrasting viewpoints on three major stories
of 2010" (Sept. 9, 2010)
- Ragan.com: "Crucial
PR lessons from BP, Toyota & Goldman Sachs Essentials of crisis communications
in a lightning-fast new media world" (Aug. 30, 2010)
- Ragan.com: "Circuit
City redeems a PR blunder 'Embarrassed corporate PR Guy' apologizes
for a Circuit City executive's missive to ban MAD Magazine's parody
of the retailer from stores" (Aug. 1, 2010)
Award-Winning Social Media
Our work on behalf of our clients and the agency has received recognition and awards including:
- TopPRAgencies: April 2014: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: March 2014: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: February 2014: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: January 2014: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: December 2013: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: November 2013: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: October 2013: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: September 2013: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: August 2013: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: July 2013: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: June 2013: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: May 2013: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: April 2013: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: March 2013: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.
- TopPRAgencies: February 2013: Best Social Media PR Agency, Ranked #2, Birnbach Communications.